Upgrading Driver's License @ Pos Malaysia

A friend recently renewed her driver's licence and showed me that it is now in a new card format instead of the laminated ones we all have been using, and apparently this new licence has been implemented since mid 2013.

Pink in colour,  with English translations, I thought it was a great improvement and wanted one immediately. I had 5 years remaining on my current licence and immediately felt left out that I had to wait for it to lapse before I could renew and get the new licence.

However, after enquiring at the counter, the staff informed me I can extend my existing validity and still get the new licence.  Great news!

After checking out the Electrolux sale in Jaya One, I chanced upon a post office and it had no customers! I immediately walked in to upgrade to the new licence and pay for a year's renewal fee, which is RM32. 

I signed a simple check form, handed over my old laminated licence and IC for him to process. A few taps at his computer, and the licence was ready! The photo on the licence will be according to the photo on your IC. The whole procedure took less than 10 minutes - totally impressed with the efficiency and speed.

Kudos to the Transport Department for this initiative! According to this website which details the look and feel of the new licence, our licence will now be accepted in 150 countries!


POS Malaysia @ Jaya One:
Address: 53.f-P2, Block D, the Suites, Jaya One
Tel: 03-7957 4143

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Book Online Appointment for KK Batu 13 Puchong (Temu Janji)

Malaysian Passport Renewal (UTC Sentul)

Gossip Nails & Waxing, Jaya Shopping Centre