Assata Skin Centre (Amcorp Mall)

A few months back Assata ran a Groupon deal for a 3-hour facial and shoulder massage. A quick Google search only returned with more deals that Assata ran in the past and a few old blogs posts from 2010. There was even a negative experience posted by a fellow Groupon customer on FacebookThe closest outlet to my place is in Amcorp Mall, and since it's close by and my parents go every Sunday to visit the flea market, I don't mind checking it out in person. 

Looking at the centre, located right beside the escalators, it looked slightly old (then again the entire mall looks old) but not shabby. The beautician inside was dressed smartly in a white uniform and with her hair done up in a bun, which indicated some level of professionalism. I decided I could give this place a try. Booking myself in on a weekday, I looked forward to the session. 

I don't normally keep track of how much time is spent doing what such as the post detailed in the Facebook complaint - counting minutes barely helps with relaxation, which is the whole point of a facial (on top of getting cleaner and rejuvenated skin). I believe each treatment was provided for as the beautician explained each step of the treatment as she went, and taking the occasional opportunity to launch a sales pitch on the product she is  using on me, which became an annoyance after awhile.

After the facial, she explained a ten-visit package to me which did sound remarkably affordable but I couldn't commit as last appointments had to be booked by 6 pm on weekdays and I couldn't foresee coming on weekends battling with the flea market crowd for a parking space. She didn't try to hard-sell me and I was glad for that.

One thing that did irk me was a chatty beautician and her customer next door to me. The treatment rooms had curtains for doors, and their loud conversation carried on for more than half an hour, which did get on my nerves. That was kind of a huge deal-breaker for me. It was also fairly cold in the centre and quite uncomfortable.

Not going to recommend this place to my friends and definitely do not foresee myself paying full price for this experience.

Assata Skin Centre
Lot 2-31, 2nd Floor, Amcorp Mall, No. 18, Persiaran Barat, Off Jalan Timur, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Mon – Fri: 11am – 8pm 
Sat: 10am – 7pm / Sun: 10am – 6pm (including public holidays)
Phone: 03-7958 3433 / 019-317 4882 

Comments

  1. Had a very BAD experience today. I have made appointment on Jan 15. And today which is 7 Jan, they SMS to ask confirm my appointment on Jan 8.

    When I called them back, the beautician named Yuki said that she is on leave on Jan 15. So she changed my appointment. Very irresponsible and no sense of sorry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, very sorry to hear about your experience! Hope you find a better place for your next facial :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue;) Have to share my experience so that lesser victim.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Book Online Appointment for KK Batu 13 Puchong (Temu Janji)

Malaysian Passport Renewal (UTC Sentul)

Gossip Nails & Waxing, Jaya Shopping Centre