EPF Number Application (KWSP Malaysia)

Upon starting my new job, my office manager asked for me to provide her with my EPF number by the end of the week. Reading some posts on how some employees did not have to apply for their EPF number and was done so by the employers, I asked my office manager if that was possible. Instead, I was pointed to the nearest KWSP office in K.L. I suppose this is something employers choose to do rather than are obliged to do.

There are several branches in each state so you shouldn't have a problem locating one near you. Here's a link to the listing of KWSP offices.

I took the LRT to Masjid Jamek and although it probably was within walking distance, I took a cab to the KL Utama office instead as I couldn't afford to get lost in the middle of KL. The office was empty upon my arrival and I was attended to right away. 

The clerk asked for my I.C. and tapped away at her computer. Within minutes, I was presented with a slip of paper with my EPF number and other information on it. Returning to the office feeling like a champion, I submitted the number to the office manager and all is well again.

Learning on the website that I could monitor my contributions on the online portal, I wanted to register for an i-Akaun. To do that, you would have to retrieve an activation code from a KWSP kiosk, found at many major banking outlets. The kiosk is a small standing booth that is slightly smaller than an ATM. A full listing of kiosk locations can be found here

Again using your I.C. and thumbprint, an activation code will be issued which you can then use to login on the portal under 'Pengaktifan i-Akaun (Login Kali Pertama)' where you would enter the activation code alongside other required information. 

Now you can check your balance or print EPF statements online. 

Pejabat KWSP KL Utama
Tingkat Bawah Bangunan KWSP,

Jalan Raja Laut 50350

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan

Malaysia
Fax: 03-26941391
GPS Coordinates: 3.153725, 101.694895


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Book Online Appointment for KK Batu 13 Puchong (Temu Janji)

Malaysian Passport Renewal (UTC Sentul)

Gossip Nails & Waxing, Jaya Shopping Centre