What is this blog all about?

Having lived overseas for over five years, coming back to start a life in Malaysia was a fun and frustrating experience altogether. Yet home will always be where the heart is and with each new discovery, be it positive or negative, it will be a bittersweet battle of "can't live with you, can't live without you".

One thing I picked up was that Malaysians are never shy to share their opinions on food - I believe there is an overwhelming number of food blogs dedicated purely to Malaysian food - but there is a lack of feedback or documentation on services and other experiences encountered such as spas, beauty and nail salons, government services, car servicing outlets, sports facilities etc. 

Some are covered by beauty blogs and the occasional mention in popular forums such as Lowyat, Malaysian Babes and Malaysia Brides, but usually only the big names get a mention and the small gems go uncredited. Foursquare is a good platform but it is more comment-based which makes sifting for information pretty onerous.

I love purchasing online deals to check out new salons or spas, but prior to purchasing such deals I will usually perform a Google search to make sure that the establishment is legit and no one has had a rough experience with them. Occasionally, I don't find anything but decided to take the plunge anyway if it is relatively cheap. In Australia, I relied heavily on Womo (Word of Mouth Online) and would love to see an equivalent in Malaysia someday. On that note, my reviews may end in a "yay/nay" or "will/won't recommend/return". 

By no means am I a seasoned critic - far from it - the objective of this blog is to document what I've experienced and learnt in the hopes that it will benefit other fellow consumers such as myself doing some research. 

There may also be short posts on how-to's which may seem glaringly simple and obvious to the average Malaysian but please bear in mind that this is written for other 'newbs' such as myself and someone in need of the reassurance of a first-hand encounter and recommendation.

There won't be photos included in several posts as they are write-ups I've decided to include about visits made earlier this year (and I'm not much of a shutterbug). I don't foresee myself updating this blog very often (e.g. weekly) but will post anything worthy of a share. There will be no theme whatsoever and some posts may appear random.

If you have constructive feedback for me or additional information that could benefit others, I do encourage you to share it in the comments section. If it is a matter of you telling me you disagree without proper justification, please refrain.

Thank you for making it to the end of this post and do continue reading on!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Book Online Appointment for KK Batu 13 Puchong (Temu Janji)

Malaysian Passport Renewal (UTC Sentul)

Gossip Nails & Waxing, Jaya Shopping Centre